Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martinchivers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bath, Somerset, UK
just a quickie! I do not use calendar on any of my apple devises & find it annoying that events (like bank holidays) pop up on my iMac. Is it possible to remove the app, entirely? (running Big Sur). I've tried the usual dragging the icon to the recycle bin. Nothing happens so suspect its an integral part of the operating system. I've just turned off all of the notifications, so hopefully thats done the trick

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
That's about all you can do…notifications OFF and ignore the app. I'd suggest turning off calendar syncing for any internet accounts you have, also.

Having said that…I don't know what it's like to use a Mac like that…I don't know if any issues arise.

Yes…it is an non-removable part of macOS as you can create calendar events from other apps.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
AppCleaner can be used to delete files/folders generated by Calendar, a way of resetting a preinstalled app that can not be deleted https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

With SIP disabled, the CalendarAgent process associated with Calendar can be stopped and disabled.
Code:
launchctl bootout gui/501/com.apple.CalendarAgent
launchctl disable gui/501/com.apple.CalendarAgent

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.