Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chama98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
London
Does anyone know how to remove this from my Mac? my membership for the developer account has expired and I no longer want to participate in the beta.

I would like to remove the beta device support image software but I am unable to find out how to do it.

Thanks.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Does anyone know how to remove this from my Mac? my membership for the developer account has expired and I no longer want to participate in the beta.

I would like to remove the beta device support image software but I am unable to find out how to do it.

Thanks.
Note that you no longer need a paid developer membership to have access to the current betas. The device support beta installer is just updated components for what’s already built into macOS, but there’s no way to uninstall; you could try running the full installer, but that generally won’t overwrite newer components. In general it probably won’t affect how your computer works so it’s probably not worth really worrying about.

Reactions: chama98

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
With current versions, it is just a popup in the Software Update Settings.

In the past, you would do it from terminal with
Code:
sudo softwareupdate --clear-catalog

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.