Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
I noticed that there are some small dust particles between my screen and the casing. I tired using a thin post it note to get it out, but it looks like it just pushed it in deep and I'm worried it will go under the screen now. Anyone else have issues?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I noticed that there are some small dust particles between my screen and the casing. I tired using a thin post it note to get it out, but it looks like it just pushed it in deep and I'm worried it will go under the screen now. Anyone else have issues?

Uh, I don't think dust is supposed to even get under the screen like that. Call Apple. They may just replace your watch.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
You should take a look at the iFixIt teardown. They crystal is glued tight to the case, nothing should slide underneath it. To the extent a spec of something did slide under the edge of a part of the crystal that didn't get glued complete to the case, it's no going any further. Then again, this could be the sign of a bigger problem so best to take it to the Apple Store. But don't be surprised when they look at you funny because you tell them there's a spec of dust under the crystal that they can't see.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
hmm, no else has a this problem? no one else has a gap between the screen and the casing? like a 1mm (or less) gap?

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Rinse it under some warm water for 10-15 seconds and dry with a soft cloth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.