Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AgingGeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Anybody know of a way to get rid of a single source for a news app feed?

If you subscribe to the "Space exploration" topic, you get a feed from ClapWay, which looks to be on par with the National Enquirer in terms of stupid stuff it claims. I'd like to just get rid of that BS and see legit articles about space.

Or can we just complain to Apple somehow about including it?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
In the news feed, slide-right on the article from that channel and select Mute Channel. That will remove that channel from showing you new articles from that channel. The ones downloaded will still show but new ones won't appear.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Anybody know of a way to get rid of a single source for a news app feed?

If you subscribe to the "Space exploration" topic, you get a feed from ClapWay, which looks to be on par with the National Enquirer in terms of stupid stuff it claims. I'd like to just get rid of that BS and see legit articles about space.

Or can we just complain to Apple somehow about including it?
I ended up with the same source in my newsfeed. it depends on if you are on an iPhone or iPad. On iPhone you slide to the right and select mute channel. On iPad just press and hold on the article and it should give you the choice to mute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.