Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dianneeraser

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
Is there any way to remove the Apple Music Player from the lock screen? For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to remove it.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
If you mean you want to disable it altogether so that it does not appear even when you are playing media, you can't.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
If Apple Music is closed already, open it, swipe it closed, and then see if the lockscreen controls go away. I seem to remember it getting stuck in the past and this remedying the issue.

Reactions: Spock

jenelemond

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2022
The same issue is mine! I don't use any playing media and don't listen to any music but still, it appears on my lock screens and sometimes starts playing from apple's featured music automatically which is scary!😖

Reactions: fatTribble

Dianneeraser

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
The same issue is mine! I don't use any playing media and don't listen to any music but still, it appears on my lock screens and sometimes starts playing from apple's featured music automatically which is scary!?
Mine is present only when playing audio etc….my issue is that I don’t want it on the screen at all. If it is on your screen when not playing, there are solutions to possible fix that.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I’m still stunned you can‘t turn off music from the Lock Screen. i definitely get the benefit for some people. But it’s so random. Oftentimes it’s not even something I was listening to or have ever listened to. It’s a bug, not a feature. 🤭

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.