Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Just read this on idownloadblog on how to remove redundant old files left after a tweak is uninstalled.

This is via ifile.

'Pro tip: clean up leftover preference files after uninstalling jailbreak tweaks'

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/0...weaks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Currently I use iCleaner to clean up.

Is iCleaner enough or do people use the tutorial as per the one in iDownloadblog ?

Many moons ago I used ifile to help with theming etc.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
No, iCleaner doesn't remove unused preference files, you have to do them by hand. If you're a regular jailbreaker (and you keep using the same backup), there are typically pref files in there that were last modified years ago, so yeah, cleaning that folder out every now and then doesn't hurt. But it doesn't gain you any performance or much storage space either.

Reactions: bandofbrothers

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I just had a look at var/mobile/Library/Preferences and found some memorable blasts from the past, including apptap.Installer, thespicychicken, cycorder, etc - going as far back as OS1 in 2007. Needless to say, I've always restored from backup.

Reactions: bandofbrothers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.