Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlsson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
Ok. So my Mac have created e memory video. Awesome!
However, I want to remove some pictures from that video (ie, only from the video, not from the photo Library).

How do I do that!?

The obvious choice, by pressing backspace, says that it will delete the picture from iCloud and all devices. The official help page also mentions the ability to remove pictures, and I'm quite certain I have done that before... 🤔

So now my son will get a a birthday video with some crappy non relevant pictures in it, that doesn't belong there. Not so funny.

Please advise.

macOS Ventura 13.0.1, Pictures v8.0

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2022-12-05 kl. 15.14.09.png
    Skärmavbild 2022-12-05 kl. 15.14.09.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 109

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Here you go!

(1) Start the video
(2) Tap the three-dot icon in the upper right (if it's not showing, just tap once in the middle of the screen)
(3) Tap "Manage Photos"
(4) Uncheck the photos you don't want included. In fact you might see some other potential photos that are unchecked that you can opt to check if you like.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Ugh, I just realized that you asked about doing it on your Mac, and my instructions were for iPhone. I just checked on the Mac and found...that that option doesn't exist. I did run a Memories video and clicked once in the middle, and that revealed along the bottom the icons of the involved photos, and on the far right an icon that enabled me to see all those photos...but no checkboxes to simply include or not include them in the video, just to hide or delete them globally. Arrrrrrght! One of those places where Photos on Mac OS and iOS lack feature parity.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Adding to the thought above, if you DO have iCloud Photo Library turned on, then you should have access to the Memory on your iPhone or iPad.

BUT I did find a roundabout way to SORT OF do what you want on the Mac: make your own Memory. Create your own album. Add to the album what photos you want to include. Enter the album, and click "Play Memory Video". Evidently there used to be a way to simply then save that video to Memories, but I don't see it any more. But you can share it...to yourself? Then you've got a Memory you crafted. Clearly a workaround, and not nearly as useful as editing it in iOS, but it is possible.

carlsson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
Thanks for you efforts anyway lkalliance!

I have struggled with this memory video and have found a lot of problems with the latest iteration of Photos. Someone must have been asleep or quite drunk when they created this version... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.