Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave_O

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
After uninstalling Samsung T5 software (not compatable with M1), there is a folder here:

/private/var/db/KernelExtensionManagement/Staging/com.samsung.portablessd.driverX.HIieHb

This folder cannot be opened or deleted, I'm assuming because of SIP. Would there be any issues if I booted into recovery, disabled SIP, deleted the folder, and then re enabled SIP?

Thanks

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India
Just got a T7. Installed the samsung software to see what the app offers. It not only can't recognize the device but also doesn't provide an uninstalled.

Did you manage to remove this app properly?

Dave_O

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I never installed the Samsung software. Here's what Samsung says:

"
On a Mac PC, remove the Portable SSD from the Thunderbolt port and use the CleanupAll.scpt from the directory where the software is installed (e.g., Home/Library/Application Support/PortableSSD) with osascript to uninstall it (osascript CleanupAll.scpt).
"

Reactions: jim468

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
I never installed the Samsung software. Here's what Samsung says:

"
On a Mac PC, remove the Portable SSD from the Thunderbolt port and use the CleanupAll.scpt from the directory where the software is installed (e.g., Home/Library/Application Support/PortableSSD) with osascript to uninstall it (osascript CleanupAll.scpt).
"
I've never run a script before but would like to uninstall Samsung Magician. Any way you can walk me through how to run this script?

Mörökölli

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2023
On Finder, go to Applications > Right click Samsung portable ssd >Click show package contents > Find CleanupAll.scpt > Right click it > Select Open with > From there Script editor > Press play button > You are done!

Reactions: Tofupunch

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
On Finder, go to Applications > Right click Samsung portable ssd >Click show package contents > Find CleanupAll.scpt > Right click it > Select Open with > From there Script editor > Press play button > You are done!
Thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.