Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salam2009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
Hey guys,
I have an old jailbroken iPad 3 with iOS 5.1.1 and was going to clean unneeded cydia tweaks and thought removing "animate" was a safe move then got stuck into Apple Logo :apple: (holding Volume Up before booting didn't work though)!
Now iTunes can recognize it like if it's working properly but I think Bootlogo got corrupted which made it unbootable.
I know you'd say why won't you just update it to the newer versions but I definitely tried that and sadly iTunes 12 gave me 3014, 3194 errors even while restoring its current iOS!
I troubleshooted starting from deleting "gs.apple.com" lines in Windows "Host" file to disabling AntiVirus, trying on another PC, installing "animate" deb through Cydia Auto Install via iFunBox, re-jailbreaking, etc.. but no luck!
Any help would be awesome.
Thank you so much!
Cheers,
Salaam

Last edited:

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Removed "Animate" tweak then got stuck on Apple Logo!!

You aren't going to be able to restore to 5.1.1 as that version is no longer signed for your device. 8.1.3 is your only option if restoring through iTunes. If you can't navigate the system files of your device and safe mode isn't working, the only thing you can do is restore to 8.1.3.

If you can navigate the structure, you'll have to find a way to remove any animate plists or replace any system files it replaced to the system defaults. Unfortunately this sounds pretty rough.

salam2009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
@Syndicate0017
I can navigate the system files through iFunBox but safe mode isn't working since I'm stuck on Apple logo.
How about updating to 8.1.2, will I get the error too as there's no jailbreak for the latest version yet!

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
No. 8.1.3 is your only option if you must restore. Check in /var/mobile/Library/preferences and see if you can find an animate plist. Remove that, remove animate and see if that resolves your boot loop.

salam2009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
@Syndicate0017
I did a restore to the latest version without getting any error!
Thanks for the heads up.

salam2009

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2014
@HankHowdy
Well, I'm not in rush and betas are most likely unstable.
Thanks for the tip though :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.