Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
My Apple ID is my @msn.com email. I somehow also have two aliases linked to it, @icloud.com and @me.com. I vaguely remember creating the icloud.com one in Mail, and then maybe created the @me.com one before it went out of style. (Or maybe Apple just created both of them together.) This was back when iCloud.com was just getting started.

Just to be clear, this seems to be an Apple ID alias, not an email alias... When I log into appleid.apple.com, these two show up under Reachable At, with a comment of "This is an alias of your Apple ID email address." When I open Mail preferences, these two are just listed as my email address, with 0 of 3 aliases being created.

Is there any way to remove these or close them? I wouldn't mind keeping one of them around if needed, but I don't need or want both of them.

It's getting a little annoying seeing these listed all the time in several areas, iMessages & FaceTime settings, Reachable At, Hide My Email Forward To, etc. Also from a security standpoint, I have three addresses attackers could use to try to get into my account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.