Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skelamarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
I was messing with my computer a few years back and i encountered . Not knowing what i was doing i ed my hard drive without owning a windows disk. After my it asked me to insert a windows software disk (I still dont have one or intend to buy one). I closed boot camp and never looked back. Now i need the space on my hard drive but its being wasted by this . Ive tried reopening and tried finding a way out but it continues to say i must finnish my original session. What should i do!!

Last edited:

skelamarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
I ment to put this under lion, i guess i put it under the wrong one, can you still help?

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Anything you might try could also screw up your OSX partition. If it were me I'd backup everything to TM or CCC (external drive) and reinstall Lion.

skelamarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
If i do that is there any way of taking my installed programs with me? if i wasn't clear by that: over the year i have enhanced my mac threw programs, how would i have to back up my harddrive so all of my programs still work. Some of my programs were installed with disks that i've lost and if i move the files incorrectly im afraid of loosing them

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Time Machine will backup your programs, CCC is a copier so yes but I've never used CCC.

With TM everything restored including programs but I had to re-autorize some Adobe stuff. Nothing difficult though.

skelamarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Time Machine will backup your programs, CCC is a copier so yes but I've never used CCC.

With TM everything restored including programs but I had to re-autorize some Adobe stuff. Nothing difficult though.

Sorry but what is CCC or TM

----------

And ive thought about time machine but im afraid it will back up the entire system including my partition

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Time Machine will only backup the OSX partition. It's also fairly smart about restoring over a new OSX install. It won't do squat with your Bootcamp partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.