Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tYNS

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2001
Mod tracking

mainstreetmark said:
Reminds me of Soundsmith on the Apple IIgs. How I miss that program and all the songs I made with it.

I actually posted the link.. I purchased the software when it was in alpha stage.. I missed mod/it/xm tracking on my amiga/pc ... Renoise is the first decent tracker for the mac.

Player Pro was around .. but it was childish feeling..

i am happy that they are porting this software.

I am not a great musician, but it is fun to create with this software.

tYNS

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2001
MED

mkrishnan said:
Did you ever use Med to make mods on the Amiga? Ahhhh, good times.... :rolleyes:

oh course.. that was the program that got me involved.. Med 1 actually.

I followed it all the way up to OctaMED Pro. ;)
Teijo Kinneunun (sp).. or something was the authors name..

mac.scene.org is around if you still intereted in the "DEMO" Scene. fun fun.
good old days.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
tYNS said:
I followed it all the way up to OctaMED Pro. ;)

Oooh, I think I remember that vaguely...But four channels was the best. You had to use up two channels at a time to actually get the sound out of both speakers. But some of the music was *amazing*... Ahhh, good old 8-bit Ensoniq guts. :)

tYNS

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2001
mkrishnan said:
Oooh, I think I remember that vaguely...But four channels was the best. You had to use up two channels at a time to actually get the sound out of both speakers. But some of the music was *amazing*... Ahhh, good old 8-bit Ensoniq guts. :)

i still listen to old school mods.. i love this music. there are so many wonderful artists out there that people have no clue exist.

:)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I still have a MOD library on my Amiga that I plan to port to my Mac sometime. Meanwhile they play in SoundTracker, I think it's called. I remember how impressed people were with my music library playing from my computer... in the early 90s :)

I liked playing with MED/OctaMED too. And Aegis Sonix.

I think Linux-on-iPod needs a mod player :)

tYNS

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2001
nagromme said:
I think Linux-on-iPod needs a mod player :)

That would be a fun project to do. I would love to be able to play xm/mod/it songs on my ipod.. interesting.

Marble

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2003
Tucson, AZ
OJuice is the authority on all things demo. Check out Nectarine for streaming scenemusic from the old legends and the new!

I am really looking forward to Renoise 1.5 final. I hope it takes them less time to release than between the last two releases. Looks really spiffy, though! Now if only it supported Audio Units...

tYNS

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2001
Marble said:
OJuice is the authority on all things demo. Check out Nectarine for streaming scenemusic from the old legends and the new!

I am really looking forward to Renoise 1.5 final. I hope it takes them less time to release than between the last two releases. Looks really spiffy, though! Now if only it supported Audio Units...

Nectarine is great. I miss the days of the old Hornet Mod Archive. I still have both Archive one and two on cd here though.

Anyhow, VST's are supported under Renoise. Which is great! However, I am having some bug issues on OS X with using VST's. I am sure these will be sorted out in due time. The mac version is coming along nicely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.