Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MALmen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
Anyone else noticed this? I can't remember this was an issue in IOS 14. I have this on multi devices and also after a full clean reset. If you force close an app an immediately tries to open the same app again it is a big chance that it will crash. This happens on all apps, even apples default applications.

Reactions: Lcgiv

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Just tried it with Safari right now, you’re right. Well, check this out: open a folder and immediately keep an app pressed for the Haptic Touch menu. The apps wiggle as if you want to reorganise them while the menu should still be displayed. So obvious yet never fixed.
Open Apple Music, if you use it, play a song, open the „play song“ window whatever, close it by swiping down and immediately open it by swiping it up again.
I can’t believe that the iOS devs aren’t power users. So many bugs that happen when you use your fast phone, well, fast. Unbelievable.

MALmen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
It seems to affect "faster" devices. I can replicate this on 12 and 13 but not on OG iPhone SE with home button :D

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
I've noticed this on my 12 Pro on occasion. Doesn't happen every time or on every app in my experience, but I have definitely seen it more than once. Instagram is one that is pretty easy to replicate with on my phone. Meh ?‍♂️

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I don't think I'd call it a bug, as stopping a process is not instantaneous. Memory gets freed, files might be getting saved, temp files cleared. And if something that eats up lots of system resources (read: browsers, social media apps, messaging) going to take a smidge longer.

Trying to re-start something that's still stopping, and getting in the way of the cross-fire.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Anyone else noticed this? I can't remember this was an issue in IOS 14. I have this on multi devices and also after a full clean reset. If you force close an app an immediately tries to open the same app again it is a big chance that it will crash. This happens on all apps, even apples default applications.
Happens to me on 14

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.