Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thetruest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I can't figure out how to do this on an iPhone 5s, and I tried searchin Google. Is this another common use or well liked thing they inexplicably took out?

thetruest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never been able to reopen a closed tab on any operating system. Just open a new tab and reload the page from your history.

Are u really, seriously that clueless?

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
The world would be a much better place if everyone stopped making smart remarks to the ignorance of others...

To reopen last closed window:

In safari in Mac. Push command z

Chrome in Mac: command t

Chrome and Firefox in windows: control alt t

Safari in iOS 7: don't think they have this functionality yet...

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
The only way I think this can be done and how I have done this is by opening a new tab and then going into history to pull it back up.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The world would be a much better place if everyone stopped making smart remarks to the ignorance of others...

To reopen last closed window:

In safari in Mac. Push command z

Chrome in Mac: command t

Chrome and Firefox in windows: control alt t

Safari in iOS 7: don't think they have this functionality yet...

Command + T in Chrome opens a new tab.
Command + Shift + T opens closed tab.

No smart remark :p

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
I can't figure out how to do this on an iPhone 5s, and I tried searchin Google. Is this another common use or well liked thing they inexplicably took out?
I can't either. :( feel your pain.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never been able to reopen a closed tab on any operating system. Just open a new tab and reload the page from your history.
Wow. Chrome, IE, Firefox, iOS6 Safari ALL have this.

Are u really, seriously that clueless?
Yes. Welcome to the internet :(

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
On an iPad under iOS 6, you could reopen recently closed tabs by tapping and holding the "+" sign in Safari (the one you use to open new tabs). I haven't tried iOS 7 for iPad, so I don't know if it's still there. Never thought to look for this function on an iPhone, so not sure if iPhone had it in iOS 6.

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
I can't either. :( feel your pain.

Wow. Chrome, IE, Firefox, iOS6 Safari ALL have this.

Yes. Welcome to the internet :(

IOS7 safari still has reopen close tab, just tested from home.

y3y4y9am.jpg

minifridge1138

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Still an old thread, but it came up in my Google search for reopening closed tabs.

It can be done in iOS 8.X.

1) close a tab
2) hit the tabs button (you'll see the list of open tabs and the "private", "+", and "Done" buttons.
3) press and hold the "+" button. In about 1 second you'll get a list of recently closed tabs.
4) pick the one you didn't mean to close. It will open in a new tab.

Good luck!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.