Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulRanger2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
When I ran 'Disk Doctor / Repair Disk Permissions' to overcome start up problems, i encountered the report line:-

"Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired."

This seems fairly severe.

All the other report lines typically state
'Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.meta.plist ; should be -rw-r-r-; they are lrw-r-r--'

followed by the report line
'Repaired "System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/...."

Can anyone explain what the "Warning" report line means, please and should I be concerned?

Sincerely, PaulRanger2.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
When I ran 'Disk Doctor / Repair Disk Permissions' to overcome start up problems, i encountered the report line:-

"Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired."

This seems fairly severe.

All the other report lines typically state
'Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.meta.plist ; should be -rw-r-r-; they are lrw-r-r--'

followed by the report line
'Repaired "System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/...."

Can anyone explain what the "Warning" report line means, please and should I be concerned?

Sincerely, PaulRanger2.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203172

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.