Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wojtek1989PL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
...the day after activation, it was sent to an authorized apple service (Poland - iMad), the phone was sent form iMad to Apple's main technical service, they (Apple) said it was a cosmetic defect, the phone doesn't want to be replaced. in addition, during diagnostic tests they found a camera defect and the camera will be replaced, but cosmetic defect won't be "repaired" because it's not covered by the warranty. I'll never buy iPhone again, I bought these phones every year and every year I've a problem with every generation, it costs me too much money and too much nerves ...
now I'm waiting for the phone to return from Apple to iMad ...
any advice?
View attachment 879235

View attachment 879236

Reactions: Carrotcruncher

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
Huh? All I see is a fingerprint on the lens from the second photo. That's not a defect.

Besides, they said they changed something on the camera. Shouldn't you wait until you receive the phone back before complaining?

Last edited:

Wojtek1989PL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
Huh? All I see is a fingerprint on the lens from the second photo. That's not a defect.

for the defect to be visible in the picture I had to put my finger on the camera glass, the defect is also visible as the vapor settles on the camera glass

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
for the defect to be visible in the picture I had to put my finger on the camera glass, the defect is also visible as the vapor settles on the camera glass

So basically your complaint is that fingerprints make an uneven mark on the lens and that you think fingerprints or condensation should make a uniform mark.

Not a defect.

Wojtek1989PL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
So basically your complaint is that fingerprints make an uneven mark on the lens.

Not a defect.

ok, it's normal that there is some non-abrasive substance on the camera glass of new phone (u know the price) ...
i'm sorry, so it's my fault

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
ok, it's normal that there is some non-abrasive substance on the camera glass of new phone (u know the price) ...
i'm sorry, so it's my fault

I'm totally confused. You said you put vapor and fingerprints on the lens. Your picture shows vapor and fingerprints on the lens. Vapor and fingerprints are not part of the phone and can be cleaned off normally. It is expected that condensation and fingerprints will block the lens on all phones, not just iPhones.

Breathing or putting fingerprints on lenses are not normal operation.

too much nerves ...

This seems to be the root issue.

Wojtek1989PL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2013
I'm totally confused. You said you put vapor and fingerprints on the lens. Your picture shows vapor and fingerprints on the lens. Vapor and fingerprints are not part of the phone and can be cleaned off normally. It is expected that condensation and fingerprints will block the lens on all phones, not just iPhones.

Breathing or putting fingerprints on lenses are not normal operation.

This seems to be the root issue.

Do you realize that I used vapor and a fingerprint to capture the defect on the photo? the defect is also visible when the camera glass is clean but it's hard to capture on the picture ...

Reactions: ASentientBot

808drums

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2017
Why didn’t you have returned the phone? Never sent to service if it’s on return window...

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
I can give you good advice, if you not happy with the product, you should return for full refund to the shop, now you going around the circles with some not necessary repairs, total waste of time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.