Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tal Ormanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I got 2 white spots underneath the screen on the left side and a thing that looks like dust on the bottom right. Theres a pixel flipping out on the left side, and theres also a pixel size white dot on the black edge of the screen ( weird). Also a yellow tint the bottom 1/3 of my screen. Does apple do on site repairs? I fear sending it in, also the closest store is 142Miles away.

/V\acpower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
I got 2 white spots underneath the screen on the left side and a thing that looks like dust on the bottom right. Theres a pixel flipping out on the left side, and theres also a pixel size white dot on the black edge of the screen ( weird). Also a yellow tint the bottom 1/3 of my screen. Does apple do on site repairs? I fear sending it in, also the closest store is 142Miles away.

I got through a screen replacement (repair) in an Apple Store. I don't suggest it since it was clear when looking at the MBP that it was not the original screen, the screen was a little off to the right (about 2 millimeters) and had severe gap when the lid was closed. I think this is always a bit touchy to replace a MBP screen because the desing of the computer is so "fit" that it is probably very hard for a tech to replace the screen and make it right in a way that it's like new.

I believe you should go for a replacement of the whole unit.

El Cid

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
NOLA
Carry in or send it in

To my knowledge apple warranties both standard and apple care are carry-in or by mail for a notebook. The one time I had to send an ibook in the service was fast and painless. Best of luck:)

Tal Ormanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
This one i have now is a full replacement from one that had screen issues before. But I aint in the 15 days no more. Guess Ill have to send it in... hope its ok.

EDIT: They are sending me another + 1 year of .mac because they feel bad. Apple owns.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.