Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
whenever i repair permissions (when updating osX .etc) the same permission always gets repaired. there may be others sometimes but this one is always there.

is this unusual?

i'll add the specific file permission once i do a repair.

ta. :)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
jhomayne said:
whenever i repair permissions (when updating osX .etc) the same permission always gets repaired. there may be others sometimes but this one is always there.

is this unusual?

i'll add the specific file permission once i do a repair.

ta. :)
It would be nice if you stated which file always needs its permissions repaired. Afterall, there tens of thousands of files on each MacOS X computer. That said, there is a specific file whose permissions always gets changed during a permissions repair. IIRC, it has to do with ISO9600 CDs. At any rate, there is a short note in the Disk Utilities monitor window explaining why this file's permissions are what they are. It appears everytime this particular's file's permissions are repaired. All you have to do is read that note.

jim.

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2004
C-ville, VA
As the above poster stated, it is most likely the

/System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util

permission that is repaired. This is a hard-coded permission repair, and was done due to a security concern, IIRC. Nothing to be concerned about.

Jim

jhomayne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
ah right. that is indeed the file.

sorry. i should have specified in the first post. :eek:

thankyou for the replies. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.