Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
This has been a bug bare of mine ever since Apple introduced iOS 7 and the redesigned player. Why oh why oh why did they remove the ability to repeat and album if you have selected that album using artist.

It was really simple before, and I was hoping they would have sorted it out in iOS 8.4/9 but no. I know it's only a minor thing, but when you take functionality out of a product it becomes less useful!

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
In iOS 8.4, you can start playing an album and then hit the repeat icon once for Repeat All. The album will repeat.

Repeat All in iOS 8.4 will repeat everything currently in Up Next. Hence, if all that is queued in Up Next is an album, the album will repeat.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Unfortunately not
In iOS 8.4, you can start playing an album and then hit the repeat icon once for Repeat All. The album will repeat.

Repeat All in iOS 8.4 will repeat everything currently in Up Next. Hence, if all that is queued in Up Next is an album, the album will repeat.

Unfortunately not. If you try and select an album from the artist list there is no option to play all, or repeat album. Repeat album is only available when you play an album from the songs list.

Last edited:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can press the album artwork to play that album then pull up the mini player from the bottom and select repeat. Then pull back down the mini player (if you like)

To play all albums of an artist just press the artwork on the left in artist view. It will start from the top of whatever albums you have for that artist. Once again if you need repeat, just pull up from the mini player and select repeat. It will repeat all songs once it's gone through them all for that artist.

First image shows artist view. Press the art (icon) in the left to play all songs/albums of that artist.

Second image shows albums once selecting a specific artist. Same thing, press the art of the album you wish to play all for.

Third image is once you pull up from the mini player on the bottom and select the second icon on the bottom for repeat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reactions: Ntombi and 570934

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
You can press the album artwork to play that album then pull up the mini player from the bottom and select repeat. Then pull back down the mini player (if you like)

To play all albums of an artist just press the artwork on the left in artist view. It will start from the top of whatever albums you have for that artist. Once again if you need repeat, just pull up from the mini player and select repeat. It will repeat all songs once it's gone through them all for that artist.

First image shows artist view. Press the art (icon) in the left to play all songs/albums of that artist.

Second image shows albums once selecting a specific artist. Same thing, press the art of the album you wish to play all for.

Third image is once you pull up from the mini player on the bottom and select the second icon on the bottom for repeat.

Ah right sorry, with you now

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

holy and thats supposed to speak for itself? thx

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
holy and thats supposed to speak for itself? thx

Yeah lol I was thinking the same. So, now having had a quick mess about the old style icon does almost the same as it did before, you can repeat the album, single track, but now no repeat artist lol.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah lol I was thinking the same. So, now having had a quick mess about the old style icon does almost the same as it did before, you can repeat the album, single track, but now no repeat artist lol.

You CAN repeat artist. Like I mentioned before. Tap the artist art (icon on the left) in artist view. And then tap on the repeat icon in the player. After that you can go do whatever you like and it will keep repeating all songs from that artist.

Aditya Rajveer

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
Gujarat, India
I tried to explain the same thing to you before you started this thread. But I guess Lagwagon's explanation was Perfect and got into your mind. Earlier the Name of the Option "Repeal All" "Repeat Album" "Repeat Artist" was confusing you, When all they did was the exact same thing, Repeat the Items that were on the list once it ends. Probably they were added just to remind you that you had selected your NowPlaying item from Artist/Album etc. Now it's not necessary as you can view the Queue to make sure which list you selected the item from.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Yeah I've got it now thanks. At least there more functionality gone back into the player now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.