Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
I set up my mobile me account with 2 computers and an iPhone. I set them up with merge data and now i have duplicates all over and also i am losing data left and right. So i want to change the setting to replace the data.

How do i do this. I can not find it in the preferences anywhere.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Go into MobileMe's preferences on your Mac > Sync Tab > Advanced (at the bottom). Then erase your Mac "this computer" and re-sync. First it'll ask you there's already a computer with the same name syncing. Choose to keep the same name. Then it'll ask you if you want to replace/merge data.

Do this on the Mac with the most up to date info because that info will replace all the info on MobileMe if you choose "replace"

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Go into MobileMe's preferences on your Mac > Sync Tab > Advanced (at the bottom). Then erase your Mac "this computer" and re-sync. First it'll ask you there's already a computer with the same name syncing. Choose to keep the same name. Then it'll ask you if you want to replace/merge data.

Do this on the Mac with the most up to date info because that info will replace all the info on MobileMe if you choose "replace"

A. How do i erase it?
B. I can unregister it then it asks me to delete info from mobile me. Should i do this.
C. Once i reregister the computer nothing happens.

What do i do.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Yes, you should erase all the data on mobileme AS LONG AS your Mac has all your data on it (contacts/bookmarks/calendars/etc). After you clear out mobileme.com, you can then check the "Synchronize with MobileMe" checkbox and all your data will be resynced back to mobileme. That data should also then be pushed to your second mac and your iPhone.

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Yes, you should erase all the data on mobileme AS LONG AS your Mac has all your data on it (contacts/bookmarks/calendars/etc). After you clear out mobileme.com, you can then check the "Synchronize with MobileMe" checkbox and all your data will be resynced back to mobileme. That data should also then be pushed to your second mac and your iPhone.

I had to do it like 4 times but i finally got it. Thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.