Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bhang

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Hello all,
I'm in the process of teaching my father how to use his new Ipad mini, but he has bad hearing and can not hear the keyboard clicks when he's typing. Since the touch screen is so sensitive he quite often double clicks or unintentionally clicks on the wrong characters and doesn't notice it. Consequently he enters wrong passwords and other information causing him much frustration. I turned up the volume all the way but he still doesn't hear it. Is there a way for me to replace the keyboard sound with my own sound?
Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You might look at the Touch Accommodations settings to change the hold duration. There's also Key Repeat and Slow Keys settings in Keyboard. These are all under Accessibility in settings and they would help a bit.

I wish they'd pull some more of the VoiceOver stuff to the main area. In there there is the ability for the speech to tell you the keys you're pressing, but in your case, you don't need the main navigation stuff that it's designed for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.