Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
I currently have an iPhone 7 32GB which i'm now struggling with the storage, in the UK the S10e is going for £569 atm at Argos and with the Wife current 15% discount i can get it for £483 which is really tempting, & a lot lot cheaper than any of the current iPhone's & still will be by the end of this month when the iPhone 11 bunch launch.

I've had alot of Samsung phone's in the past last being S6 & can work with both iOS & Android, as i don't have a problem with either and i'll possibly be keeping the iPhone 7 to use mainly as a backup & works phone.

So my question is at the price i can get the S10e for is it worth buying?
Also those that currently have this phone how you finding it?

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
If you want a small android phone then currently there is none better. With the discount you can get I say go for it.

I had it and thought it was a great phone but migrated back to a larger model.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I currently have an iPhone 7 32GB which i'm now struggling with the storage, in the UK the S10e is going for £569 atm at Argos and with the Wife current 15% discount i can get it for £483 which is really tempting, & a lot lot cheaper than any of the current iPhone's & still will be by the end of this month when the iPhone 11 bunch launch.

I've had alot of Samsung phone's in the past last being S6 & can work with both iOS & Android, as i don't have a problem with either and i'll possibly be keeping the iPhone 7 to use mainly as a backup & works phone.

So my question is at the price i can get the S10e for is it worth buying?
Also those that currently have this phone how you finding it?
If I was looking for a premium Android phone, the S10e would be on my list. Personally, it trumps over its more expensive brothers due to its flat screen (curved screen looks great for looks, but simply poor for actual usability). The IP68 is definitely a big plus as well.

Reactions: timeconsumer

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
Well i went ahead and picked one up yesterday, I have to say Samsung One UI is actually very decent to the point i might not bother installing Nova on it as i use to hate Samsung Touchwiz of old.

Also now having 128GB of main storage plus another 128GB micro SD card for my Music i won't be running out space anytime soon. :)

Having a headphone jack again is also great.

Design wise it makes my iPhone 7 look like a relic having a phone that nearly all screen is a first for me.
One thing I've have noticed is how much it looks like the iPhone XS when the screen is off.

Overall very happy with this phone. :)

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Well i went ahead and picked one up yesterday, I have to say Samsung One UI is actually very decent to the point i might not bother installing Nova on it as i use to hate Samsung Touchwiz of old.

Also now having 128GB of main storage plus another 128GB micro SD card for my Music i won't be running out space anytime soon. :)

Having a headphone jack again is also great.

Design wise it makes my iPhone 7 look like a relic having a phone that nearly all screen is a first for me.
One thing I've have noticed is how much it looks like the iPhone XS when the screen is off.

Overall very happy with this phone. :)

Now that you have had the phone for about 6 weeks do you still like it? How is the camera? I sold my iPhone SE today and am interested in getting the Samsung Galaxy S10e. Any new comments you can add would be appreciated.

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
Sorry for late reply only just seen your post.

As for the S10e yes it's a keeper had no problems at all with it even the screen protector it came installed with still has no scratches, as for the camera it's had a major update in September that brought over most of the camera features from the Note 10, I find the camera fine for what i need it to do & I've not been disappointed with any images I've taken with it during the day & in low light using night mode.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Sorry for late reply only just seen your post.

As for the S10e yes it's a keeper had no problems at all with it even the screen protector it came installed with still has no scratches, as for the camera it's had a major update in September that brought over most of the camera features from the Note 10, I find the camera fine for what i need it to do & I've not been disappointed with any images I've taken with it during the day & in low light using night mode.
Thanks for your response. I earlier stated that I had sold my iPhone SE but due to the incompetence of Swappie (nordic based company) I still have it. The SE was in perfect condition and working order when I handed it over. After being "inspected" and "tested" by their "technicians", I was informed they would give me 5 Euros and not the 100 originally offered as they claimed they could not get the phone to connect with a network. Very odd I thought but that was their "expert" diagnosis. So I picked up my phone, went home, inserted the SIM card, reset network settings and voila, a perfect connection with my provider. All this to say, I now have a great condition SE and a brand new Galaxy S10e which I purchased three days ago. As I have used it it is non-returnable. So I must decide whether to stay with the Apple world (and give the S10e to my wife to replace her three year old S6) or enter the Android world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.