Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Hi, so I recently purchased and was loving a pair of apple's new in-ear headphones. Unfortunately one of the medium sized ear tips (the size I use) tore causing it to no longer create a seal in my ear, and thus destroying the listening experience.

I have searched the online apple store high and low for replacement tips, to no avail. I have also tried calling apple and besides having a very frustrating time even getting them to understand what my problem was, just get getting jumped back and forth between the sales people and the support people.

If anyone has had any luck in securing replacement ear tips I would appreciate any advice. I do not understand why apple does not just offer replacement tips. :confused:
Spending another $80 to get a $0.10 rubber part is just, well ridiculous.

Thanks in advanced.:)

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
FWIW, the review of the Amazon item states that they don't fit the new in-ear headphones. :(

khyberny

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2007
Anyone want to swap a pair of Large for Small or Medium?

Hi I have the same problem, I need a spare pair of the LARGE and can't find them anywhere. Would anyone be interested in swapping a pair of Large for Small or Medium?

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
Wow.. how could you tear the silicon tips... some sharp ear canals you have.

Hey those Comply tips look very interesting, but I'm afraid they might get dirty too easily and plus it's a bit pricy for 3 pairs of ear tips..

MckBkPro89

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
I've found it really hard to find replacements through apple as well.
I use the small ones, I'd be willing to swap my Large and Mediums for small ones.

kootenai

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2009
Apple Earbud Swap

Hi All

Just lost an in ear earbud today. Would like to swap LARGE or MEDIUM for SMALL.

I have never been satisfied with 3rd party replacements and would rather not risk buying those. Would anyone be interested in an Apple swap?

thanks, please drop me an email at kootenai@gmail

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
You should try the grey Etymotic's 3-flange ear tips. They are working better for me than the Apple ear tips.

When using the Apple ear tips, I use the large for my right ear and a medium for my left ear. I have to fuss with both to get the right seal.

The grey Etymotic's 3-flange ear tips go in easier, are more comfortable, and I don't have to fuss with them to get the right seal. They also stay in better when active.

S-

Beluga

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2008
Ear Tips

My dog just ate one of my large ear tips. Any information about replacements sources or anyone interested in swapping are appreciated. Please contact me at robp at tds.net. Thanks.

RKoz24

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
Bump

I too would like to swap ear tips. Lost one of my mediums, willing to trade either large or smalls for some mediums. Contact me at rkoz24 at gmail.com

Rockit

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2009
swaps?

i have a pair of unused large and would like some small ones for the new type apple phones. anyone interested in a swap?

BlueEyes360

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2009
Hi I have the same problem, I need a spare pair of the LARGE and can't find them anywhere. Would anyone be interested in swapping a pair of Large for Small or Medium?

I am in need of a pair of SMALL ear tips and would be willing to swap my LARGE pair to get smalls. Please let me know if you're interested - LBenack@gmail.com

coachingguy

macrumors 6502a
Frustration mounts!

I love the sound and functionality of the new earbuds, but I can't stand the buds coming off, or getting stuck in my ears or simply getting lost.

I went to the Apple Store Southdale today to inquire about them, they've had a lot of people coming in the same problem and are out of "extra's". The manager said that they were told that replacements are on the way but suggested that I call Applecare. In the meantime, I'm down to one small and a large...

I may call Applecare, but I've already started looking online for a cheaper/better replacement.

Coachingguy

alexapplemac

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2007
applecare

I just called applecare asking about replacement tips, you'd think for a £50 pair of headphones it'd be easier to find them, they come off SO easily.

Anyway...I've been totally ripped off but they are sending me some more for £16

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.