Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Well what can I say, the first iPhone 12 Pro Max had a dust lint right in the middle of the lens. I went to the apple store and replaced it with another one and everything looked good, when I installed my screen protector I noticed a shiny silver spot and noticed where the glass meets the frame that area has a small chip. This is so annoying to say the least...I’ve never had so many issues.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I checked the back of the phone and just didn’t see any visible scuffs. It only shows when a light shines on it and it shines silver..but yeah I should have done a better job inspecting it.
I am bit annoyed and sad....it took literally an hour to get everything setup.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Well what can I say, the first iPhone 12 Pro Max had a dust lint right in the middle of the lens. I went to the apple store and replaced it with another one and everything looked good, when I installed my screen protector I noticed a shiny silver spot and noticed where the glass meets the frame that area has a small chip. This is so annoying to say the least...I’ve never had so many issues.
Happened to me last year. I exchanged an 11PM for another due to an issue. I inspected the replacement at the Apple Store, and I ran my finger along the edge and felt a rough spot on the new phone, and the glass was chipped at the frame. I got another replacement right then.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Just went to the store the second time and got the new replacement and it’s flawless. Also I noticed when I went in today they didn’t put me in the upgrade every year plan. So glad we caught it when I went back. Now I am enjoying my phone again

skrungemaster

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2020
Just went to the store the second time and got the new replacement and it’s flawless. Also I noticed when I went in today they didn’t put me in the upgrade every year plan. So glad we caught it when I went back. Now I am enjoying my phone again

Have you noticed any difference in color temperature or screen quality compared to your first one?

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Have you noticed any difference in color temperature or screen quality compared to your first one?

Honestly I am not sure, I didn’t see any issues with the actual screens on either of the phones.
The only thing I have to say about the screens is that I feel that the screens are not as bright as the past years. But I may be wrong.

Hunter1987

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2020
Mine 2nd replacement had tiny spot nicks around the phone bands looking for the perfect phone these days is like playing a lottery ticket.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.