Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fw85

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2023
all not to necessary when you have a iPhone though, call clarity is never then same, but I am sure you will tell me it is lol
Have you never found the button that unmutes your iPP? lol
No one should tell you call quality is the same, because it isn't. The speakers and mics on the iPP are just strictly better than the iPhone's, mostly due to them being bigger and there being more of them.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Have you never found the button that unmutes your iPP? lol
No one should tell you call quality is the same, because it isn't. The speakers and mics on the iPP are just strictly better than the iPhone's, mostly due to them being bigger and there being more of them.
He's replying to me, and I replied back to him.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 115537.png

Screenshot 2024-01-11 115612.png

Screenshot 2024-01-11 115640.png

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I still use my phone for calls because I can just put it on speaker and carry it to another room if I’m doing something, but I definitely use my iPad more than my phone when at home.

Elusi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2023
Oh I sort of live like this while at home.

The phone I just leave somewhere and then I answer texts and calls on either Macbook or iPad. Whichever's closer. They all feel like the same device when it comes to communication.

Reactions: boston04and07

ppetrovic

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
Not everyone has an office job and non-office jobs don't have WiFi access most of the time.

Back on topic, I've been using iPad Pro as a consumption device for over 5 years now, but this topic has made me reinforce some of my habits and I've been making a very conscious effort to increase my home usage as much as I can, and so far it's going great. My phone usage has decreased for over 50% and counting.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
I never pick up my iPhones at home. Facetime/iMessage has been coincidentally very covid-friendly for a paranoid hermit - my phones stay by the entrance where I dump them after I come in, and I do everything on the iPads actually at home, along with the several Airpods (again, I have 'outside' and 'inside' units and the 'outside' ones are at hand in the entrance lobby) scattered around if I need to take calls.

Facetime, iMessage and the H1/2 are literally the only things that are keeping my everyday personal tech all-Apple - I couldn't do without them and I am *longing* for someone else to rip all of that off / create a standards-based open alternative.

Last edited:

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Great to have options. Just had to rely on my iPad at my office because i forgot my phone in my car. At home its whatever I happen to have near me, whether its iPhone, iPad or the watch that's typically always on me if I'm awake. I'll always prefer iPhone for calls though and I'm not one to use bluetooth headphones to have conversations. We're all different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.