Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
okay, i want to change my mail chime (the thing that dings when i get mail on mail. for tiger)

i want to replace it with like a simpson's or family Guy quote, is that possible, like when home's like they have internet on computers now, or something, does anyone know if this is possible and where i could find a clip like that, that will fit in the mail program for the alert/chime

thanks alot!

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
I'm not sure where you would find such a sound; but once you do, add it to the ~/Library/Sounds folder.
Then in Mail, go to Preferences > General, and select "Add/Remove..." from the "New mail sound" pop up and it should be there.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
croshtique said:
I'm not sure where you would find such a sound; but once you do, add it to the ~/Library/Sounds folder.
Then in Mail, go to Preferences > General, and select "Add/Remove..." from the "New mail sound" pop up and it should be there.
yea, i tested it with a itunes song... and it worked, so now i guess i'm looking for some funny quote by anyone that has something to do with internet or mail or something... or something short and sweet... or a good sound effect or something

thanks

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
wnameth said:
okay, i want to change my mail chime (the thing that dings when i get mail on mail. for tiger)

i want to replace it with like a simpson's or family Guy quote, is that possible, like when home's like they have internet on computers now, or something, does anyone know if this is possible and where i could find a clip like that, that will fit in the mail program for the alert/chime

thanks alot!

Here you go!! These are two of the sounds i use for my mail program. You can find many many more here and here. That is were i got mine and you can also create your own and place them in Users/home/library to get the soudns to be in mail

Attachments

• Mail sounds.zip
    85.8 KB · Views: 72

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
It's pretty simple, just go to preferences and then in the sound menu add one. I know you can add mp3s, i'm not sure what else. My mail plays "Mail muthaF**cka" from Euro Trip

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
prostuff1 said:
Here you go!! These are two of the sounds i use for my mail program. You can find many many more here and here. That is were i got mine and you can also create your own and place them in Users/home/library to get the soudns to be in mail
thanks, the simpsons one is great, i am in need of a change like that... you hit the nail on the head....

thanks!
my 20min search is over!

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
wnameth said:
thanks, the simpsons one is great, i am in need of a change like that... you hit the nail on the head....

thanks!
my 20min search is over!

Glad i could help.

I actually did it as a joke first for my dad. I took one of a fart and homer say "Umm beer" and combined them. Now whenever he gets a new mail message he heres a fart sound and homers saying "Umm beer." I also found one were it says "Press any key to continue" and homer replies "wheres the any key." I set that one as a login sound.

Great joke to play on people also. I played a mean joke on my sister with one but i wont go into any detail. Needless to say i thought it was funny but she did not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.