Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blue-moves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Can anyone point me towards an internal SSD caddy that will definitely fit into a: Late 2009 13" White Unibody MacBook (MacBook6, 1)?

MacBook_white.png

(Not a MacBook 'Pro').

blue-moves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019

Says it supports Macbook 6,1, which is the late 2009 Macbook.

Thank You! :)

Just wondering.. if it can fit in all those other listed MacBook Pros - does it follow that other (much cheaper!) caddies that fit in those, would fit in my MacBook6, 1 ?
Seems logical but I might be missing something..
?

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Thank You! :)

Just wondering.. if it can fit in all those other listed MacBook Pros - does it follow that other (much cheaper!) caddies that fit in those, would fit in my MacBook6, 1 ?
Seems logical but I might be missing something..
?
This one is only $20 and from a very reputable company - probably the most reputable Mac accessory company that has been making Mac hardware upgrade kits for decades. How much cheaper do you want it to be?

I think it depends on the bolt holes. Shape-wise, any should work, but this one probably has the bolt holes for all the different Macs to the extent they vary.

blue-moves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
They will all fit.
Even the ones that are advertised as 'for MacBook Pro'?
Are you sure they have the same type of internal SATA slots and the same screw-hole positions?

oneMadRssn "How much cheaper do you want it to be?"
I've seen similar on eBay for a tenth of the cost (wanted to know if they'd fit as they're advertised as 'for MacBook Pro')
Unemployed in the UK, $20 is a week's food for me..

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
Even the ones that are advertised as 'for MacBook Pro'?
Are you sure they have the same type of internal SATA slots and the same screw-hole positions?

oneMadRssn "How much cheaper do you want it to be?"
I've seen similar on eBay for a tenth of the cost (wanted to know if they'd fit as they're advertised as 'for MacBook Pro')
Unemployed in the UK, $20 is a week's food for me..

The MacBook Pro a1278 and the MacBook a1342 use the same SuperDrive. I’ve swapped them myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.