Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
Hi all

hopefully this is an appropriate forum, admins please move if not.

Today, whilst browsing a health related topic, within a few seconds a redirect to another site occurred. Set against an Apple homepage was the usual warning of the system having been infected. Three viruses stated, two counts malware, one phishing. Screenshot:

warning.png

The site itself domain.png appears not to have alerts in any number of url scam checkers. Strange.

Also, I've not been compromised or highjacked in anyway, this purely relied on further user interaction.

So my question is, and seeing they're using a fake Apple background, where to properly report this to Apple. I fleetingly come across an old email address: reportphishing@apple.com. Just checking if this would be the best and current point of contact to report it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
So my question is, and seeing they're using a fake Apple background, where to properly report this to Apple. I fleetingly come across an old email address: reportphishing@apple.com. Just checking if this would be the best and current point of contact to report it.
Yes, that's still the way to report it.

Reactions: Alpha Centauri

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
Yes, that's still the way to report it.
Excellent.

Wasn't sure if this contact was predominately for unsolicited email targeting, but your link confirms that it covers a range of scam related issues.

Jobs done. Thank you.

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.