Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marco Lacava

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2021
During the last period Apple is talking a lot about privacy and oblige somehow developers to be more transparent about the data collect.
Yesterday I have downloaded from the App Store one of the top listed app for socials. The App is Reports+ and promises to give an higher and more precise level of statistics of our Instagram accounts and other various tools. Like all these app there is an in-app subscription to pay monthly to unlock all feature. I did it, I paid !
After half a day I received a message from Instagram regarding suspicious activity with the request to change password. I did it and after the access to my account, that I use for my job has been blocked. No way to get in again, no way to answer to clients and friends, more that 12.6K followers, and 3 years of job probably lost.
It’s impossible to receive any support from Facebook/Instagra, they just collect our data, they make money with them, and don’t give any service support to user as they never answer to request of support. But promptly they remove photos, even if a cover page of a magazine like Vogue if they show a nipple, but not those containing violence and frauds.
I am not surprised of how Facebook manage his monopolistic business, and not surprised that the developer of Report+ disappeared. But then I have discovered that on the App Store there are many many users who left comments informing of the problem since many many months and nobody of Apple took actions to pull out the app from the store but the kept continuing to leave users to risk to loose money and have big damages from having their account blocked.
My opinion is that the vigilance of Apple is just a big ball and i think that they must be liable for not to apply the minimum diligence during the test and approvaL process. We pay 30% to receive quality assurance and protection. For what if they even did not try the app, they did not read the comments of users and even they promote apps that creates enormous damages to users. It’s really unfair and I want to bring all them to court !

MacRumours please help us, protect users and inform on the main page of the risks if people download Report+. Also highlight the unfair way to do business of Facebook who treats us like objects to produce data to resell, and Apple who just bla bla bla and take 30% on everything passing from their stores simply without taking seriously the app review process.
thanks

Marco

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.