Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
"Multiple reports of an apparent Verizon Visible hack, with attackers changing shipping addresses, then ordering phones that are charged to payment details held for customers. Visible is a Verizon sub-brand that operates entirely online, meaning that customers cannot seek assistance in-store.

“My account got hacked and they shipped out an iPhone 13 worth $1k that was taken from my PayPal,” wrote one customer …"

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
I ordered a phone from Visible before I heard about how horrible their service is. I returned the phone, and requested the account be cancelled. They said they could not cancel my account, and also had no way to remove my payment method. I haven’t had any false charges as of yet, but this is quite scary for anyone that has ever set up a visible online account.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I ordered a phone from Visible before I heard about how horrible their service is. I returned the phone, and requested the account be cancelled. They said they could not cancel my account, and also had no way to remove my payment method. I haven’t had any false charges as of yet, but this is quite scary for anyone that has ever set up a visible online account.
I wouldn't be surprised if the hacks had some kind of help from someone on the inside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.