Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I just updated a phone to the new iPhone 12 Pro and since I do still use a iPod Classic (160gb) in the vehicle I'd like to repurpose this iPhone XS as a replacement instead of buying a specific iPod.

I've erased and reset the phone but when I got it up running again it seems to have notifications from my old phone popping up, Apple Pay is in there with credit cards, and various other things.

Is there a way to make this iPhone a dummy phone without having a iCloud account assigned to it or how do I keep it as minimal as possible as its just going to be tucked away in the center console.

Ideas?

menist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
For me, I would make a dummy Apple ID, just for safety if it gets stolen. Also would delete every app, except for the Music app.

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Ok.

I got it all in the vehicle however the vehicle seems to lose connection to the iPhone XS and I believe it’s because the phone is going into standby or something causing me to have to unplug it and then reconnect it.

Does anyone know how to keep an iPhone awake and communicating with a vehicle while it’s connected?

Basically I guess I don’t want it to go asleep. However I did turn off the feature to never never ask for passcode however it didn’t work as it still times out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.