Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
There's a little-known page on Apple Support's website allowing you to request an exchange for a different-sized light seal. If, like me, you know what different size you want but it's unavailable in-store, this is a great option. I had to run through the questions several times for it to spit out the size that fit me best at the Apple Store, but it's not too hard.

https://secure.store.apple.com/shop/vision/fit/help

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
There's a little-known page on Apple Support's website allowing you to request an exchange for a different-sized light seal. If, like me, you know what different size you want but it's unavailable in-store, this is a great option. I had to run through the questions several times for it to spit out the size that fit me best at the Apple Store, but it's not too hard.

https://secure.store.apple.com/shop/vision/fit/help
Did this just today to get a light seal replacement given my main issue with the Vision Pro is discomfort in my forehead, and the site suggested I replace my 21w with an 11n. This was available to deliver in 2 days so I decided to try this method and if it still is too much discomfort I ping to return the avp next week in store. Anyways, the replacement light seal shipped, but now the order says my avp “is no longer eligible for return” under status. 🤷🏽‍♂️. Anyone had this happen?

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Did this just today to get a light seal replacement given my main issue with the Vision Pro is discomfort in my forehead, and the site suggested I replace my 21w with an 11n. This was available to deliver in 2 days so I decided to try this method and if it still is too much discomfort I ping to return the avp next week in store. Anyways, the replacement light seal shipped, but now the order says my avp “is no longer eligible for return” under status. 🤷🏽‍♂️. Anyone had this happen?
Same here, it appear its going to require another visit to the Apple Store to return it.

borka105

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2011
Same here and I am concerned because I want to go back and do another light seal swap. Did Apple limit this to only one swap and then you can’t even return the device? At this point if I can’t get a more comfortable fit I want to return it and it all of a sudden doesn’t give me that option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.