Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Does anyone know if USB permissions (the dialog pop-up that appears when connecting your iPhone to a new computer via USB) can be managed/rescinded on a device-by-device basis?
I know that in “Settings > General > CarPlay” there is the option to manage connected cars, but I can’t figure out how to delete permissions for a specific computer I connected to via Lightening<->USB and authorized.
If there is no way to do this on a device-by-device basis, will going to “Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings or Reset Location and Privacy” reset these USB permissions completely?

Dan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
You can't do it on a device-by-device basis, but resetting Location & Privacy will remove the computers you've trusted.

Thanks for the explanation and linking to this! It would be nice if they could add this in the future (like they allow you to manage CarPlay cars), but I guess we'll see...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.