Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Hi,

I reset my iPhone occasionally and I figured it is time to finally ask this question cuz it happens every time.

When I reset all settings on my iPhone certain apps dont prompt me to enable push notifications again and therefore the app does not show up in the settings panel so i cannot enable them.

When i try to enable the push notification within certain apps, it jumps to the settings but theres no option to enable push notifications either.

The only way to get them back is to delete and reinstall the app but there are certain apps i cant just delete because i need their saved data to remain.

any idea? is it a bug or something apple hasnt really thought through or are the devs of the apps itself to blame?

attached 3 screenshots to show what i mean. "Jodel" VS "Netflix" as u can see no push option

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 612
  • image.png
    image.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 358
  • image.png
    image.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I can't tell you how to fix it. I've been lucky and have only had this happen with one or two apps when I've done a settings reset while on betas.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Resetting All Settings should reset Notification settings. Try Resetting All Settings again or do the reinstallation method you noted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.