Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arexlame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2013
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at bidding on an iPhone 5 at a local auction house, but I'm not sure whether it's going to be worth it. The phone is activated as is, so I imagine that it's got an Apple ID assigned to it.

If I understand correctly, if 'Find my own iPhone' is enabled on it; there's no way possible that I can reset it and enter my own Apple ID. And if I've also got it correct, if Find my iPhone/iCloud hasn't been enabled I'm able to reset it and use it as new.

Just wondering whether or not I've got this all correct?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
There are methods to bypass the lock but by default the phone is a brick

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at bidding on an iPhone 5 at a local auction house, but I'm not sure whether it's going to be worth it. The phone is activated as is, so I imagine that it's got an Apple ID assigned to it.

If I understand correctly, if 'Find my own iPhone' is enabled on it; there's no way possible that I can reset it and enter my own Apple ID. And if I've also got it correct, if Find my iPhone/iCloud hasn't been enabled I'm able to reset it and use it as new.

Just wondering whether or not I've got this all correct?

No offense but your story sounds fishy. Who the heck puts an activated phone up for auction?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.