Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richtercamden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
I think I'm screwed. I jailbroke my iPhone 5C late 2015, and it had worked fine until recently. I'm not sure what went wrong. As I said above though, I'm pretty sure I'm done for, and I'm worried. My Phone was restarting randomly, so I decided to restore a backup from iTunes. This went successfully up to the point of actual restoration. In the middle of being reset, my phone restarted and cancelled it. So, I tried to "Erase all content and settings" from the phone itself. Now, it just goes a little on the erase, then crashes, restarts, and tries again. I can't restart it, I can't turn it off. Any help? I'm freaking out here.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
"Erase all content and settings" on a jailbroken device will always put it in a boot loop, never do this again. The only thing you can do now is restore to the latest signed iOS version signed by Apple which is iOS 9.3.1 which has no jailbreak. I hope your original intention was to remove the jailbreak completely as that is what you have essentially done. Put the iPhone in DFU mode and restore, that is your only option now.

Reactions: Applejuiced

richtercamden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Thank you all so much. I knew that boot loops happened with quite a few things in jailbreaks, but I didn't know that was one of them. I will keep this in mind. Another question though, it seems to be working fine as a new phone, but it still abruptly restarts with no explanation, whether it's hardware or software. Any ideas? Thanks again.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
My iPhone sometimes reboots overnight while charging for no apparent reason. This has been an ongoing bug in iOS 9. I am on iOS 9.0.2 myself and this happens a few times a week. I have learned to just live with it for now.

Reactions: Applejuiced

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
My iPhone sometimes reboots overnight while charging for no apparent reason. This has been an ongoing bug in iOS 9. I am on iOS 9.0.2 myself and this happens a few times a week. I have learned to just live with it for now.
I had that issue on 9.0.2, i updated to 9.2 before I took my phone for the camera recall. The problem is no longer there, so either 9.2 fixed it, or the camera repair fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.