Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moria

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
This is my current setup....

Internet ----> Windows PC (no router, wireless PCI card) ----> Mac Mini
PC (ethernet) ----> Xbox

I've just got Tony Hawks on my DS (Mario Kart isn't out here yet) and I'm trying to connect it up to go online. The trouble is, the DS doesn't recoginse my PC's wireless card. It only finds my Mac, and since the internet connection is being shared to my Mac, it can't connect.

Is there a way I can reshare my connection through my Mac to the DS? It's currently being shared to my Mac and Xbox without a router.

Linking my Mac up to the internet isn't really an option, as I couldn't get Xbox Live to work as it's wire goes through the floor, and my Mac is upstairs, whereas the PC is downstairs.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
You have to share an internet connection through a different port than it comes in, so I don't see how that'll work (if you can't make your Mac the primary access point). It sounds like you need to invest in a wireless base station. These can be had for under $50 now (802.11b), or a simple ethernet switch (~$20-$30) if you can get the wiring to reach where it needs to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.