Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Apple are doing well not releasing an iPhone. With all the pressure from the media they are once again choosing the best path. If they were to release something that isn't ready that is poorly supported and national rather than international the media that has been so hungry for an iPhone would duly rip them to shreds. And even if they do release a great product the media, so used to the whizz bang fizz of other brands not designed to 'just work', will undoubtedly criticize them for a lack of features like Crazy Frog ringtones, and the ability to download other such nauseatingly mundane things from iTunes. In all the best thing might be to do nothing and get on with making that as yet unreleased Video iPod and the promised iTV otherwise there is the risk of numerous unfinished products waiting in the sidelines. The public (here read 'the media') doesn't really know what it wants and with so much hype Jobs knows that although the temptation to announce something is strong it is the worst time to do so. Let the hype die down and if there is an iPhone release after the video related gadgets and Leopard, perhaps the end of next year. For those that want everything now this will be a disappointment, but then those that want everything now also want the next thing next. I just hope that the press (especially the financial press) stop insisting that Apple 'has' to release an iPhone - it doesn't.

darh

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2005
I agree actually... I think the interesting thing will be that whatever kind of phone Apple releases, it will be a dissapointment to a lot of people. Because with all the buzz from the press the expetations are way to high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.