Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happypeople

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Hey everyone.

I am currently facing two problems with my iPhone 6s. I am hoping that someone may have a solution for me. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

The first is that when I connect to my Macbook Pro is that my iPhone is not always recognized and when it finally was and I went to update my software, halfway through the update it no longer showed in iTunes, though it did manage to update successfully.

Problem number two occurred before and after i updated to iOS 9.3.2. For some reason when I attempt to update apps or download an app that I have previously downloaded. They will begin to and the little circle appears, but then it just reverts back to wanting to be updated almost instantaneously.

What I have tried:
1. Reset all settings
2. Power on/off
3. Restart holding home button and lock button
4. Signing in and out of Apple ID
5. Updating using my second ID

So far I havent had any luck. I would like to avoid having to restore to a backup as it is extremely time consuming to put 40+GB of data back on an iPhone as you all probably know.

Thank you everyone!

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hey everyone.

I am currently facing two problems with my iPhone 6s. I am hoping that someone may have a solution for me. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

The first is that when I connect to my Macbook Pro is that my iPhone is not always recognized and when it finally was and I went to update my software, halfway through the update it no longer showed in iTunes, though it did manage to update successfully.

Problem number two occurred before and after i updated to iOS 9.3.2. For some reason when I attempt to update apps or download an app that I have previously downloaded. They will begin to and the little circle appears, but then it just reverts back to wanting to be updated almost instantaneously.

What I have tried:
1. Reset all settings
2. Power on/off
3. Restart holding home button and lock button
4. Signing in and out of Apple ID
5. Updating using my second ID

So far I havent had any luck. I would like to avoid having to restore to a backup as it is extremely time consuming to put 40+GB of data back on an iPhone as you all probably know.

Thank you everyone!

Seems like a restore is in order. You can first try doing a restore via iTunes with an iTunes backup. Assuming all the data is located in iTunes, 40GB of data should take no more than 45 minutes. Now if the issue remains after restoring from a backup, it means the corruption was in the backup as well and a full restore will probably be required. That on the other hand is a pain and is time consuming. The second issue is that one that leads me to believe you will need to restore as new. Sorry I don't have better news. But at least the restore from a backup option is worth a try, and again should be less than an hour.

happypeople

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Seems like a restore is in order. You can first try doing a restore via iTunes with an iTunes backup. Assuming all the data is located in iTunes, 40GB of data should take no more than 45 minutes. Now if the issue remains after restoring from a backup, it means the corruption was in the backup as well and a full restore will probably be required. That on the other hand is a pain and is time consuming. The second issue is that one that leads me to believe you will need to restore as new. Sorry I don't have better news. But at least the restore from a backup option is worth a try, and again should be less than an hour.

Thank you for responding so quickly! I think what I am going to do is to try and update my apps again tomorrow morning and if I am still having the same problem I will do the restore as you suggested. Ill definitely try from a backup first though, because I would like to avoid a full restore if at all possible. If not then I guess it will have to be done, I have the time for a restore tomorrow if it comes to that at least.
Thanks again!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
We do not delete threads/posts when the issue is resolved as it may help others down the road. Please do not remove/alter your post to remove information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.