Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Anyone with iOS 15 - can you tell me if the Books app allows for margins to be modified? Does it use the full screen of the iPhone Pro Max or is it just like iOS 14?

(I'm referring to how every app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max uses the entire screen space while the Apple Books app for my iPhone uses massive margins that can't be modified).

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/books-app-margins.2247162/ for more information.

Thank you for your time!

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
Anyone with iOS 15 - can you tell me if the Books app allows for margins to be modified? Does it use the full screen of the iPhone Pro Max or is it just like iOS 14?

(I'm referring to how every app on my iPhone 12 Pro Max uses the entire screen space while the Apple Books app for my iPhone uses massive margins that can't be modified).

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/books-app-margins.2247162/ for more information.

Thank you for your time!
I don’t see any way to modify the margins on iOS 15 and that’s honestly really disappointing. I’m tired of all the wasted space to the left and right of what I’m reading and the text being narrow and in the middle of the page.

• Sad
Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I don’t see any way to modify the margins on iOS 15 and that’s honestly really disappointing. I’m tired of all the wasted space to the left and right of what I’m reading and the text being narrow and in the middle of the page.
Wow that is horribly disappointing. I'd read a lot more on the iPhone if they'd just make it like every other app I know.

Thank you very much for looking into this for me.

One of the biggest reasons why I have an iPad Pro 11 is to read because I can't stand reading on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Either that or I need to start using Kindle app more. :(.

Thanks again.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
Wow that is horribly disappointing. I'd read a lot more on the iPhone if they'd just make it like every other app I know.

Thank you very much for looking into this for me.

One of the biggest reasons why I have an iPad Pro 11 is to read because I can't stand reading on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Either that or I need to start using Kindle app more. :(.

Thanks again.
No problem at all! It really IS disappointing and I’m not sure I even understand why they don’t give us these options. That’s the reason I read way more often on the Kindle app. I’ll pull out my iPad for reading in the Books app too.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

jayhawk1941

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2018
Are any of you experiencing freezing issues with Apple Books in iPadOS 15? Mine is pretty much unusable (on a 2020 11" iPad Pro).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.