Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I usually post on MR using my computer. The other day I tried to login on my Iphone4. I tried logging in using the same Username and Password as I use on my computer. It wouldn't let me in, so I tried to Register using a new Username and Password. When asked to enter my e-mail address I did so, and received the message "that e-mail address is already in use". It is - by me!

I only have one e-mail address. So the question is:

Does the mobile MR site require separate Registration from the site I access on my computer?

If yes, how can I register when it won't accept the only e-mail address I have ("...already in use."). I have no problem creating new Password, and Username - but the email address seems to be a problem. Is it necessary to have a one email address for my computer access to the site, and a separate email address for the mobile site?

Thanks for any help...:)

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

No it's the same email address and password for both full and mobile sites.

Perhaps you misspelled or had an extra character like a space in there somewhere.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You can only have one account here.

The login info is the same; please check that you entered it properly. Try logging in again. If it still gives you an error, let us know.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

The login info is the same; please check that you entered it properly. Try logging in again. If it still gives you an error, let us know.

It will still not let me login. I get the message; "the username Shrink is already in use"

Also, I just noticed that I have two passwords stored in Keychain and on LastPass. Since LasPass is not auto-filling, I have tried filling in both passwords, but still get the "Username Shrink already in use " message.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Shrink said:

It will still not let me login. I get the message; "the username Shrink is already in use"

Also, I just noticed that I have two passwords stored in Keychain and on LastPass. Since LasPass is not auto-filling, I have tried filling in both passwords, but still get the "Username Shrink already in use " message.

Are you trying to re-register or sign in? That error message sounds like you're hitting the register button.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Are you trying to re-register or sign in? That error message sounds like you're hitting the register button.

No, I just tried again, and it said "Login" just above the the fill-in fields. Again said "Username Shrink already taken"

EDIT: FIXED. I WAS NOT AT LOGIN.:eek: I CAN GET IN NOW.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME IN HELPING ME OUT:D

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

Shrink said:

No, I just tried again, and it said "Login" just above the the fill-in fields. Again said "Username Shrink already taken"

EDIT: FIXED. I WAS NOT AT LOGIN.:eek: I CAN GET IN NOW.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME IN HELPING ME OUT:D

Glad you got it figured out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.