Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
I'm unable to update my iPhone 7 to 13.1. It's running 13.0. iTunes under both Windows, and Mac OS are giving "unknown error occurred (-23).

OTA on the iPhone itself just refuses to download. If I tap download and install, it acts like its going to for about one second then it stops and acts like I

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
I'm unable to update my iPhone 7 to 13.1. It's running 13.0. iTunes under both Windows, and Mac OS are giving "unknown error occurred (-23).

OTA on the iPhone itself just refuses to download. If I tap download and install, it acts like its going to for about one second then it stops and acts like I

Same here. 8 plus running 13.0. My SE running 12.4.1 could no problem se the 13.1 update.

That’s OTA by the way.

Frank

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
So it turns out the problem was my network. I have PFblockerng setup on my router and for whatever reason it's blocking apples update servers. Connecting through my VPN (or using cellular on the iphone) I'm able to download the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.