Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcdtech

Suspended
Original poster
May 11, 2020
I’m looking for a resource of tips/tricks/queries for homepods that you wouldn’t know of. Trying to better educate myself on all of the things it can do so I can make better use of it. Any ideas on resources?

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
There are some good tips here:

And then the most important thing, IMO, is to master Siri commands:

Lastly, the forum you're currently posting in is a wealth of information with helpful people here to answer questions:

And some personal advice from my own experience:

Internet Speed: If you have weak wi-fi you are not going to be happy. Get yourself a minimum 100/100 modem speed and upgrade your router to MESH. Many issues people have are due to Siri lagging or seemingly not responding to commands, and its usually a network issue.

Apple Music: If you don't have an Apple Music subscription, don't bother. If you do, HomePod is a dream. Set up dozens of custom playlists, find your favorite radio stations, upload your own rarities, you are the master of 45 million songs.

Siri Commands: Especially for Music, learn all the commands. "Hey Siri, play (artist name here) essentials", and "Play the top songs from 1995", "add this song to my favorites playlist", "increase volume 40%", etc. etc.

Last edited:

pcdtech

Suspended
Original poster
May 11, 2020
Thanks so much! I've had the HomePods for a while now (just bought my third) and I've always felt like I was never getting as much from them as I could, but didn't know all that was available. Voice-based operating systems are challenging for learning as you go. Really, really appreciate the above!

Reactions: boltjames
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.