Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilq5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
I keep getting resprings (screen goes black with a loading spinner for a minute then reopens on the lock screen) when doing anything memory intensive on the iPad.

It’s happened since beta 1. Main culprit i’ve found is scrolling through my library in the TV app.

If the whole OS doesn’t respiring the TV app will just crash.

Has anyone else been getting this? Haven’t seen any issues mentioned in the release notes and haven’t seen any other topics on it.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
Has anyone else been getting this? Haven’t seen any issues mentioned in the release notes and haven’t seen any other topics on it.

All the damn time. Only occurs with Apple Apps included with iOS 12. 3rd party apps I use don't do this.

Photos, TV, Mail and even when using FaceID to unlock once or twice.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
The beta has been remarkably good for me. This one issue and the seemingly meaningless random times it does it is what makes me want to revert to iOS 11.

Reminds me of the Safari issues that plagued the iPhone 6+ for ages with the constant crashing and reloading.

neilq5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2018
The beta has been remarkably good for me. This one issue and the seemingly meaningless random times it does it is what makes me want to revert to iOS 11.

Reminds me of the Safari issues that plagued the iPhone 6+ for ages with the constant crashing and reloading.

Everything else has been great for me a part from this issue

I’ve found that using search for whatever I want to watch in the TV app rather than scrolling through the library prevents it from crashing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.