Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joel S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
Some time back I must have deleted this app— it’s not showing up in any searches on my iPad. However as it’s a system app there seems to be no way to download it again. It’s not in the App store.

I’ve had no luck finding a solution especially since most searches returned are about restoring Apple photos, not the app itself.

I’m using an iPad Pro with iPadOS 13.3.

Thanks,

Joel

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Some time back I must have deleted this app— it’s not showing up in any searches on my iPad. However as it’s a system app there seems to be no way to download it again. It’s not in the App store.

I’ve had no luck finding a solution especially since most searches returned are about restoring Apple photos, not the app itself.

I’m using an iPad Pro with iPadOS 13.3.

Thanks,

Joel

I don't think you can delete it. I just went into "rearrange apps" and of all my camera apps in the group, the photos app was the only one not to give me the x delete button on the app icon.

Joel S

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2020
Interesting. I can’t imagine how it could not show up in a search of my iPad then. I have it on my iPhone and iPad Mini just not on my iPad Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.