Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
just got my 15 pro max
restored from back up (on Mac) but now no apps
never had this before
Apps aren't included in the backup so they'd need to download from the App Store after the restore is done. This may take some time with the phone connected to the internet, but if the apps don't reload, you might need to do another restore.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
sorted
my back[ from old iPhone was not encrypted
so did another and restored from that
apps appear but then just need downloading
Hi there, can you explain what you did? I'm having the same issue going from 8-plus to 15 I just got today.

Photos synched but not the apps. Surely I don't have to individually download each as the previous post suggested.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi there, can you explain what you did? I'm having the same issue going from 8-plus to 15 I just got today.

Photos synched but not the apps. Surely I don't have to individually download each as the previous post suggested.
When you restore the backup, the phone should then download the apps that were on the previous phone, if they’re still available from the App Store. If it does not work, reset the new phone and try the restore again.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
When you restore the backup, the phone should then download the apps that were on the previous phone, if they’re still available from the App Store. If it does not work, reset the new phone and try the restore again.
Not one app has downloaded…notes, photos (35,000 of them), all have synced.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
When you mean reset the phone, do you mean "all settings" or network settings or "erase all content and settings."

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
When you mean reset the phone, do you mean "all settings" or network settings or "erase all content and settings."
Erase all Content and Settings. You’d need to repeat the setup process altogether in order to restore from backup.

• Love
Reactions: TVreporter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.