Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I understand apps are going to have to be re-downloaded through the App Store on our phones. Do they all get arranged in the same order (my icon layout) when we restore? Do they all download by themselves? Or do we have to go in and download everything in our "Not on this iPhone tab" and do it one by one?

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
My understanding is that you unfortunately have to do it one by one, which is quite inconvenient. There was a big stink about this, especially since some people had over 100 apps to re-download onto their devices. As for ordering, I'm not sure, but I would assume it would be akin to downloading any normal app - arranged based upon order of download. Would be a nice surprise if it auto-arranged though!

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
My understanding is that you unfortunately have to do it one by one, which is quite inconvenient. There was a big stink about this, especially since some people had over 100 apps to re-download onto their devices. As for ordering, I'm not sure, but I would assume it would be akin to downloading any normal app - arranged based upon order of download. Would be a nice surprise if it auto-arranged though!
Might be easy to do.. would be great if you had an option to restore your old folder layouts! :)

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
But it's different now cause old apps aren't being synced from iTunes anymore, no?
I have not used iTunes to sync a phone in years, maybe 4 years I guess. If you have an iCloud backup of you current device, when you setup the new device it will load everything again just as it was before. The only caveat I can think of are apps that are no longer supported or in the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.