Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valerio75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with restoring my iMac from a Time Machine backup, and I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue already.

I had to reinstall OS X El Capitan from scratch, based on instruction I received from Apple Support. That worked without any issues and my iMac works fine. However, I wanted to restore it to how it was before, using Time Machine. I store my backups on a LaCie 5big Thunderbolt 2 and never had any problems with it.

To restore the system I followed the instruction provided on the Support page. I restarted my system in Recovery mode and selected the "Restore From Time Machine Backup". Unfortunately the LaCie 5big does not appear on the list of drives, so I'm stuck... When running the system in normal mode the RAID external is visible and Time Machine stores backups on it without any problem.

Has any of you experienced this problem already? I would be much obliged if you could help me with this issue!

Kind Regards,

Valerio

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.