Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chip1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Dear all,

I have one 480GB SSD and 1T HDD in my Mac Mini. Previously, the SSD was for booting the Mac Mini, and the 1T HDD was named as "media" and used for storage of photos and mp3. All those files were backup by Time Machine.

Recently, I fresh install the Mac OS X El Capitan. The New OS identify the SSD and the HDD as one volume, that is, fusion drive, with 1.47 TB. And after the clean install, I restored files from time machine backup.

However, then, I couldn't located my photos and mp3 in the Mac Mini, I suspected that the Time machine just restore the contents of SSD into the new fusion drive, but not the datas in the media disk.

I further checked by "get info" the fusion drive, it has just 2X GB in use. I am quite certain that the photos are not on the new drive as the photos size are about 470 GB.

My question is: can I just enter the star war page and restore those from the time machine? Or I need to do something like partition the fusion drive, something like that?

Thank you so much for your assistant!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
My question is: can I just enter the star war page and restore those from the time machine? Or I need to do something like partition the fusion drive, something like that?

Yes... you can enter the TM interface and find the photos and right click then select a restore location wherever you like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.