Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esssymanex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
Hello there,

I am new in this forum. I hope i seek help in here.

I have this error (3) while restore iPad 3rd generation in iOS 7. It appear when restoring iPad Firmware.

Hope can help in here.

Here the screenshot I have taken.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 1.59.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 1.59.51 PM.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 1,070

esssymanex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2013

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Did you download ipsw thru iTunes or from a site? If from a site did you download the correct ipsw? Did you use a different USB cable? Is iTunes up to date? Other than that I have no clue

EDIT: after looking at Apples support page they list NO error (3). Guess they don't even know about/fix. I'd call them and see

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

Last edited:

vasili0s

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Athens,Greece
the specific error is either security software related or a HW issue.

on the windows machines have tried uninstalling itunes and all components, dns flushing the cache and resetting your hosts file along with making sure all 3rd party security sw is removed?

if so, definitely HW, seek service.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Yeah I'm going with hardware over security. There's other codes dealing w/ security that would show, or at lease that's what I would think

vasili0s

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Athens,Greece
Yeah I'm going with hardware over security. There's other codes dealing w/ security that would show, or at lease that's what I would think

exactly. ive dealt with the same error multiple times, almost always HW. the lone time it wasn't the user was receiving multiple errors, not just the one described.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
exactly. ive dealt with the same error multiple times, almost always HW. the lone time it wasn't the user was receiving multiple errors, not just the one described.

Especially since Error (3) isn't listed on Apples Support site leads me to believe its hardware.

OP reboot your computer. TURN OFF firewall and try restoring. Other than that I'm with Vasili0s it's hardware and call or go to Apple

esssymanex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
I have go through log report and the problem on updating baseband firmware. So I guest the ipad baseband must be problem.

I have contact Apple as well and suspected hardware problem but since warranty already expired. So, need to replace part on shop.

Thanks all for you support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.